Monday, January 5, 2009

Thing 23: The Wrap-up

I really enjoyed the 23 Things program. Even when learning about a 2.0 tool I'm not likely to use myself, I felt like I was at least becoming more tech savvy and better able to use these tools in the workplace or to help patrons use them when necessary.

One of the wrap-up questions on the CTLS Web site asks whether or not participants would take part in similar discovery programs if CTLS offered them. I'm a solid "yes" on that one. One of the things I liked the most about the 23 Things program was how it was both self-directed, yet, through the blog comment functions, also interactive. I could go at my own pace, didn't have to feel self-conscious when encountering something completely new to me, and could still read, write, comment on, or read comments about the activities on my blog and others'. I also liked that the self-directed nature of the program allowed me to branch off and pursue topics of particular interested to me, even when they weren't strictly part of the 23 Things.

Thanks, Kam, and the rest of the folks at CTLS! This was a great learning experience and it was fun, too. You can't beat that.

No comments: