Monday, December 29, 2008

Thing 19: More Web 2.0

I looked under the category "Guides and Reviews" and found Yelp. A lot of my friends use Yelp so I'm always hearing about it, but I've never actually checked it out myself. No time like the present, I guess.

I didn't love it. Maybe it's because I was just browsing, not looking for anything specific. Maybe y'all can help me out with some of the issues I had. I looked at restaurants and at the bottom of the page was a section titled "Related Lists," but I couldn't figure out how to search the lists. I only could see lists that were supplied on specific pages, so I only saw the ones Yelp wanted me to see, rather than being able to find any on my own. The same happened when I looked at vegetarian restaurants and was given a list of vegetarian restaurants and restaurants that were vegetarian with other keywords (specifically wine and romantic), but couldn't search by those keywords. Maybe I'm just not good at this.

No comments: